Bay-Friendly Trainings and Talks
Converting lawns to gardens is becoming an increasingly popular request from residential and commercial clients alike. Offering sheet mulching services offers landscape professionals an edge in this new and expanding market of lawn conversion. Since 2007, the Bay-Friendly training program has been providing comprehensive education in environmentally responsible strategies for landscape design, construction and maintenance--including sheet mulching for lawn conversion. Trainings are available for landscape maintenance staff, landscape designers, and landscape architects, and graduates earn the designation "Bay-Friendly Qualified Professional" and use of the logo.
Originally created in Alameda County by StopWaste, the program is now offered throughout the Bay Area by ReScape California (formerly the Bay-Friendly Landscaping & Gardening Coalition).
Click here for upcoming trainings.
- Compost and Mulch Marketplace -- One-stop shop for compost, mulch, biotreatment soil mix, and more
- Sample Sheet Mulch Specification -- Prescriptive specification for site preparation, sheet mulching, and planting
- Lawn Conversion Rebate Information -- Links to all lawn conversion rebates available in the Bay Area
- 2015 WELO information and resources -- Did you know that all new landscape construction over 500 sf must comply with the California Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance?
- Bay-Friendly Rated Landscape program -- Verified sustainability for public, commercial, and institutional projects over 2,500 sf