Save the Date: WELO Workshop - November 28, 2018, PG&E Energy Center, San Francisco
StopWaste and PG&E present this FREE, one-day workshop that covers everything you need to know about the California Model Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance. Attendees will learn about WELO requirements, how to design planting and irrigation, specify compost and mulch, create a water budget, and calculate estimate water use to comply with the ordinance. The workshop will be a combination of lecture and hands-on exercises, giving attendees a thorough understanding of what's required by the ordinance and how to comply with it. The workshop will be simulcast via the internet. the workshop is free, but pre-registration is required.
To be notified when registration opens, email email@example.com.
Bay-Friendly Trainings and Talks
Converting lawns to gardens is becoming an increasingly popular request from residential and commercial clients alike. Offering sheet mulching services offers landscape professionals an edge in this new and expanding market of lawn conversion. Since 2007, the Bay-Friendly training program has been providing comprehensive education in environmentally responsible strategies for landscape design, construction and maintenance--including sheet mulching for lawn conversion. Trainings are available for landscape maintenance staff, landscape designers, and landscape architects, and graduates earn the designation "Bay-Friendly Qualified Professional" and use of the logo.
Originally created in Alameda County by StopWaste, the program is now offered throughout the Bay Area by ReScape California (formerly the Bay-Friendly Landscaping & Gardening Coalition).
- Compost and Mulch Marketplace -- One-stop shop for compost, mulch, biotreatment soil mix, and more
- Sample Sheet Mulch Specification -- Prescriptive specification for site preparation, sheet mulching, and planting
- Lawn Conversion Rebate Information -- Links to all lawn conversion rebates available in the Bay Area
- 2015 WELO information and resources -- Did you know that all new landscape construction over 500 sf must comply with the California Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance?
- Bay-Friendly Rated Landscape program -- Verified sustainability for public, commercial, and institutional projects over 2,500 sf